Looking back on a helluva 2013

12:30:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


This is the second draft of this blog post. After typing a thousand words, I deleted them all.

So many things has happened this 2013. And even if they're good or bad, heartbreaking or joyous, I am so thankful for each and everyone. And like so many times in the past few years, I truly feel that I am exactly where I should be in my life.

My life has taken quite a different turn from what I've been envisioning since 2013 started. Five months after the new year, I was suddenly taken on to an entirely new path -- and one that I've always wanted to do but never had the guts to explore if I could actually do it.

The first four months of the year were great, but the next eights months were, well...like a rollercoaster.

I...

All in all, it was a year of both my biggest loss and several pretty big wins. It was a pretty long and arduous journey, and now that I'm finally looking back, I know I wouldn't have exchanged the past months for anything.

I guess not all of you will get to read this, but here it goes anyway:

Thank you...
  • Parentals who tried their best to make me laugh when I was down and agreed to go along with my plans just to take my mind off things;
  • Ate Apple, who told me that I should be happy and grateful that even for once in my life, I have loved and been loved in a very beautiful way.
  • My ultimate best friend, ate Mako, who never left me alone when I was depressed and patiently dealt with my tears and extreme moodiness, and because I know you spent a lot of money just to hang out with me and keep up with my plans;
  • Chuchay, who dealt with my all-night chattering about the same topic and person; 
  • Danna, who was always just a text away for dinner or drinks; 
  • Anne, who patiently listened to me rant about my broken heart and reminded me of the joys of life; 
  • Mia, who shared with me, "I have a plan for you. Do you believe me? - God", which changed my life and outlook; 
  • Aya, even though you're in the US, you never failed to cheer me on through my highs and lows, and for being one of my biggest life supporters.
  • Kesh Tanglao and Anne Plaza: for giving me a chance, trusting me, and encouraging me. You said I've touched your lives. I think I failed to tell you yet that you've touched my life in a huge way, too.
  • Marty, for being such a sweet, sweet man. For answering my numerous questions about the male psyche and for generally being game to going wherever and laughing at my lame jokes.
  • My boss/client, Paul, for just being awesome, generous, and understanding.
  • Tom: for being you. You give me hope.
  • God, for showing me that true love is a beautiful, beautiful thing. And for everything. You're the best!
  • Mama Mary: for soothing me, for answering my prayers, and for being my light.
I used to plan my life to the last detail but 2013 caught me totally off-guard. So for 2014, I don't know what's in store for me. But I know I'm going to make the most out of it.

I'm ready.

Have a safe and Happy New Year! :)



Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts. :)