Dreaming of the Kingdom of Bhutan

2:51:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Taktshang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery
Taktshang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery
Image by: Douglas J. McLaughlin - Own work, CC BY 2.5

Since I fulfilled my Paris trip dreams (soon to be up on the blog!), I've been looking for a new major dream I'd like to fulfil.

This year, I have completed several domestic trips (which I should write about!), and I have several more lined up, but I feel hungry for more, something out of the ordinary.


Paro Valley, Bhutan
Paro Valley, Bhutan
Image by: jmhullot / www.flickr.com
License: Creative Commons License (By SA 2.0)

My parents and I plan to visit Jerusalem in the near future – although that's dependent on my mom getting her pension when she turns 60 next year. And of course, I need to save up for that because I've been paying for my own travel expenses since I graduated from college, even when travelling with family.

But I wanted something more. So I planned to go to Machu Picchu, but that would depend on my being able to visit the US, too, which is within my five-year plan. That seems so far away.

Enter Bhutan.

I accidentally stumbled upon Daphne's blog post about her trip to Bhutan, and aided by Johnny's posts about Bhutan, and it instantly fuelled my wanderlust. Beautiful vistas, warm people, and just a chill trip all around? Sign me up.

I looked it up immediately and found it would cost me maybe about P100,000 to P150,000. I guess it will cost almost as much as my Euro trip, but this time I'd only get to stay in one country for a week. But there are some things worth paying for, and I think the relaxation and inner peace Bhutan could give me just might be worth it.

Listing down the major trips I have to save up for...

  • Jerusalem / Holy Land / Istanbul / Jordan
  • Cambodia/Vietnam
  • New York & Machu Picchu (have to do it in one go to save up on air fare)
  • Kingdom of Bhutan
  • Japan
  • Iceland -- I want to see those auroras!
  • Scandinavia

Gulp. Well. Time to save up and invest!



Haa Valley, Bhutan
Haa Valley
By No machine-readable author provided. Greenmnm69 assumed (based on copyright claims).
- No machine-readable source provided. Own work assumed (based on copyright claims)., CC BY-SA 2.5

*All images have been sourced and credited, as I haven't been to Bhutan. If you are the owner of any of these photos and want it/them removed, kindly let me know. No copyright infringement intended.

Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts. :)