Europe tour day 4: Pisa

12:30:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Beautiful bridge in Pisa
Beautiful bridge in Pisa
Pisa is one of the most beautiful cities I've seen at from dusk to night. People always marvel about the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but no one ever mentioned how beautiful the place is at night.

Since our schedule was messed up during the morning, we had to move our trip to Pisa after the wine tasting in Chianti, Tuscany.

We had to visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa, as this was one of my parents' must-see places, and I think we were only in Pisa for two hours, and that already included the trains to and fro. We got to Pisa so late that we haven't been able to eat dinner until we got back to our apartment in Florence by 11pm. And we almost missed the trains, and only got to the Pisa train station in time for the last train back to Florence. Woooh!

Sunset over Pisa
Sunset over Pisa

When we got to the Pisa train station, we were advised by the train station staff, and Filipino OFWs sitting outside the plaza after work, that we could just walk to the tower instead of taking the bus.

Using my Here maps app, we walked straight to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We crossed a bridge and several lights. One thing I noticed is that there was barely any traffic and few people were out and about that weeknight, at around 7pm

When we finally emerged from the streets, we were met by a huge plaza with a huge Church, a separate domed tower, and finally, the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa was definitely leaning!
The Leaning Tower of Pisa was definitely leaning!
Since we arrived too late, we were not able to go up the tower of Pisa, but that was okay. We were just happy to look at it.

There were a lot of tourists and some Italians. One sweet Italian couple also asked me to take their picture, but I couldn't understand Italian and refused at first. They approached me again, and I replied in French this time, and we finally had a semblance of understanding.

Before we knew it, we had spent an hour just taking pictures and looking around the plaza. Even though it was a pretty stressful morning, I felt like we got to Pisa at just the right time. It was definitely mama's most memorable birthday ever!


I hope you'll enjoy your trip! All photos are unedited. I don't know how to use Photoshop! Please don't use my images without permission.


Read about my Eurotrip!
Rome day 1
Rome day 2
Florence day 3-4
Venice day 5
Innsbruck day 6
Munich day 7-8

Other links you might find helpful:

Getting ready for Europe  |  Preparing your Schengen visa requirements  |  Booking your hotel and plane fare  |  Filling out the Schengen visa form  |  How to apply to the Italian embassy thru Via  |  Cross-country train travel in Europe

Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts. :)